Plans illustrating the scheme will be on display until Monday 21st October in the following locations:-
- County Hall, Marine Road, Dún Laoghaire
- Blackrock Library (you may need to ask to see the plans)
- On the Council’s website http://www.dlrcoco.ie/newsevents/latestnews/title,9831,en.html
Submissions and observations should be sent to the Senior Engineer, Transportation Traffic. County Hall, Marine Road, Dún Laoghaire, Co.Dublin or by email to email@example.com.
The closing date for submissions is Monday 21st October. I would encourage you to take a look at the plans as they might affect you.
Below is a list of some of the items included in the plans that you might like to take a look at:
- Raised cycle lanes along large sections of the route in particular by Blackrock Shopping Centre, and outside houses on Temple Road and Temple Hill
- Re-location of the bus stop on the Frascati Road/Blackrock by-pass from its current location near Blackrock Shopping Centre. It seems that the plan is to move it to near the junction of Temple Road before the Blackrock Dolmen statue.
- Extra pedestrian crossings at the Carysfort Avenue Frascati Road/Blackrock by-pass junction.
- Removal of the existing underpass at the Carysfort Avenue Frascati Road/Blackrock by-pass junction.
- New pedestrian crossing on Frascati Road/Blackrock by-pass at Sweetmans Avenue outside the Garda station.
- New pedestrian crossing at the entrance to Barclay Court.
- Traffic leaving Blackrock on Temple Road will not be able to use the slip lane by Frank Keane Motors but will have to join Frascati Road/Blackrock by-pass near the Blackrock Dolmen statue by turning left.
- Part of the existing slip lane outside Frank Keane motors will only be accessible by buses and cyclists.
- Existing 2 lanes of right turning traffic on Newtown Avenue will be reduced to one.
- Tobernea Park will be reduced in size to allow for a new alignment of the left turning lane on Newtown Avenue.
- On Monkstown Road there will be a ban on the right turn into Temple Crescent.
- The entrance to Montpelier Place will have bollards to prevent parking on the cycle lane.
- Shared cycle track and footpath from the junction of Montpelier Place to house no.1 on Stradbrook Road.
- Removal of second driving lane on Temple Hill from Montpelier Place to Newtownpark Avenue junction. Alterations to the traffic lights sequence to allow for traffic to clear the junction.
- Changes to the end of Newtownpark Avenue junction to made provision for a cycle lane.
I would encourage you to have your say and take part in the Public Consultation.